Monday, May 12, 2008

Tired (but happy) Feet


I had a very busy day today. It feels good to finally sit down and relax. Here's the rundown:

woke up late, struggled to get the kids up too
had breakfast, made lunches, read scriptures, family prayer
got the kids off to school
babysat Holly and Emmy while Biffy ran errands
paid the bills
dishes, sweeping, laundry (I did it in my pjs - one of Matt's pet peeves)
showered
birthday lunch for a girl in my book club
grocery shopping
picked up Will from Biffy's house (she returned the favor)
raked the dead spots in our lawn (thank-you Maggie) and spread grass seed in them
tried to figure out our dental insurance plan
got a call from Lauren - she missed the bus - I told her I'd be there as soon as Bradley got home
Bradley didn't come home - called all the neighbors to find him - no luck
plumber came by to fix the clogged toilet (of course, right when I needed to leave to find Lauren and Bradley)
found Bradley walking home from school - he'd missed the bus too, but didn't call
picked up Lauren 20 minutes after she'd called (she was patient)
paid the plumber $65 for getting out a dog bone that was lodged in the toilet (thank-you again Maggie)
helped the kids with homework, got them snacks, made sure their rooms were clean
consoled Bradley about a lost autographed Harlem Globetrotters basketball that disappeared in last night's storm
drove Bradley to lacrosse practice - took a detour to look for his ball downstream from our house
found the ball (can you believe it?) about 1/4 mile away, stuck in a small waterfall
tried to get the ball with a stick - no luck - I rolled up my jeans, went in after it and was successful
dropped a happy Bradley off at lacrosse
quick grocery stop for something I forgot earlier (this time with 3 kids and muddy, wet feet)
tried to clean the mud off my shoes
made dinner - leftovers
put a crying Will to bed
pulled some weeds and planted some vegetables
reheated dinner for Bradley when Matt brought him home
read with Lauren
put Will to bed, again
fed Owen - in fact, insert that in between every few lines
looked at my to-do list and wished I'd gotten more crossed off :-)

This morning I started off on the wrong foot and felt pretty overwhelmed with all I had to do. However, as the day went on, I got progressively happier. Now that I'm writing this post (trying to wind down) I realize that despite the craziness, I enjoy days like this.
Today was a good day.

7 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? For some people, that is a weeks worth of stuff, not just one day. Isn't it funny how Monday's get so busy? I guess it makes up for everything that happened on the weekend that we couldn't take care of.
    You need your own Theme Song...Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are amazing! It reminds me of a friend of mine that doesn't have kids who recently asked me what I do all day. :-)

    I especially love the part about the basketball. Most moms struggle through the errands and carpooling but a very few roll up their pants to rescue a basketball!

    What a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you have any hair left on your head...mine would have been pulled out by now. And you are awesome to go trudging through the mud...I would have waited and let Colby do it...shows what a great mother I am huh? Or maybe it just shows how awesome you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy woman! I agree, I like days like that. When I'm that busy I don't have time to beat myself up about what I'm not doing. Also -I can't believe they both missed the bus! Par for the course, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing Mom you are!! I hope you were able to put your feet up and relax for atleast 20 minutes after your day was over!! By the way...way cute shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you amaze me! i couldnt get that much done in one day if i wanted too. yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this entry! I start the day with a to-do list and usually only cross off a few items. Reading your list showed how productive and busy you were all day doing worthwhile things even if you didn't get to cross more items off your list! It made me feel better. You're such a good mom! Matt came over the other day, and I came to the door looking pretty ragged, Abby and Meg looked like they had just been picked up off the street, and my house was so messy. When he left I thought "I bet Matt is thinking how glad he is that he is married to wonder woman."

    ReplyDelete