Thursday, December 4, 2008

Monday and Wednesday

For the past three months this is what my Mondays and Wednesdays have looked like...We've been traveling to the Rec Center in Bountiful for, well, a little bit of everything. Lauren has been taking skating lessons consistently the whole time, Will took one skating lesson, Bradley did swim lessons for a couple of sessions and for the last two sessions he's been skating with Lauren. On Mondays we'd usually stay later and Matt would join us for public skating on his way home from work. Generally, all the lessons were at staggered times which made it nice for me to get everyone where they needed to be, but also made for a long night. For a while we were commandeering a table in the lobby to meet, complete our homework, and sometimes eat our dinner.

Will had a bad experience with his first lesson so he spent most of his time doing sticker books or playing with cars.
Owen is very used to eating his dinner in the stroller at the top of the rink. He's been great throughout the chaos
This is Bradley and Lauren (in an unusually crowded lesson) working on their backward and forward crossovers, respectively. (they're in different levels). They are on the top left circle. Bradley has on a cream sweatshirt and Lauren is in a brown and turquoise coat.

Now that lessons are over I am taking a big sigh of relief... until next time ;-)

6 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are having some time off:), are they done for a year or only until Spring? I am a little jealous, I always wanted to be Dorothy Hamill when I was younger, Go B and Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to be a skater too! I am so jealous you have a place like that to take your children! How fun! Enjoy your break from it, it will start again soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the total hockey mom! I love your dedication to your kids' interests. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe what a superwoman you are. I don't know how you have time for everything. That's nice that you kids have the opportunity to be so involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome they are learning how to skate. austin wants to learn how to snowboard and taylee would love to learn to skate! her favorite movie is the ice princess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand the relief when it's all over. You and Sara Palin must be happy to have Christmas break. My week days look very similar, just with tennis balls all over the place instead of ice skates. So fun!

    ReplyDelete