Saturday, November 1, 2014

Family Pictures

We had our family pictures taken right before Halloween this fall.  We had such a difficult time trying to find a date that would would and finally we settled on a Saturday morning.  Here comes the "I told you so" part of the story (ha ha) because we wanted the pics in our backyard and I knew in the morning they'd be backlit by the sunrise.  Matt was sure the trees would filter the light enough.  We had a friend, Joel Farr (Joel is Matt's previous business partner, Mark Farr's brother) from Jibe come take the pictures.  Once he got there we proceeded with the pictures although he voiced his concern about the lighting as well.  Owen and Will had alternating tearful moments and it was really difficult to get them both on board for the family pics.  Joel was so sweet with them and us, but really wanted to come back to take the pictures at a different time because of the lighting.  I actually also wouldn't have minded because after seeing the pics I would've changed a few outfit options, lol.  We were going to try and squeeze in another photo shoot but then our lives detoured down the cancer road a couple of weeks later.  I'm pretty grateful that we did get some pictures done before my diagnosis, even though my cute, perfectionist photographer wasn't happy with the outcome because these kids grow so fast and who knows how long it will be before I go down the picture road again.  Joel hasn't retouched any of these photos below yet and some of them aren't print worthy, but I chose a few candids, some that showed the kids personalities, and some that may be my final options.
















1 comment:

  1. I love the ones with you and Matt on your bikes, they are darling! Bradley is sure handsome, you will need to buy a stick to beat the girls off. :)

    ReplyDelete