Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer - Week #1

This first week of summer break entailed a LOT of staying up late and sleeping in even later.  We were super lazy... isn't that how it should be the first week off?  It was nice to take things easy for another reason as well - I was sick this week, discovering later that it was walking pnuemonia; boo for illness during the summer.  Regardless, we did have a couple of highlights in our week:

Bradley's baseball team had playoffs during the last week of school and the first week of summer.  Their team was tied for last place during regular play but in the tournament they hit their stride and kept winning and advancing.  It was fun to see B play more but he had scout camp at the end of the week and we had to rearrange our schedule so he didn't disappoint the team... the whole situation was a bit frustrating (I was irritated with his coach - lots of details that don't matter) but, whatever...  Yea for a fun year on the diamond!

While Bradley played baseball the younger kids did a lot of this:

I drove Bradley up to the Sundance Resort on Thursday to meet up with his teacher's quorum.  He had a great time mountain biking, hiking, boating, and hanging out with everyone.  No pics. :(
After I dropped Bradley off I took the three younger kids a bit farther up the canyon to Aspen Grove.  We'd done some great hikes up there in years past and I wanted Will and Owen to experience them too. We hiked to Stewart Falls and had a wonderful time.  Lauren took pictures and dreamed up a story for the beautiful setting the entire way, Will never complained and was super strong for the whole hike, and Owen battled through the long hike on his little legs and kept up with his siblings like a pro... they all did great!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like they had a great time:). It is always hard to plan and execute Scout Camps and ball games and make sure everyone is happy...that is one of the reasons I was glad that Ty was able to coach most of the boy's in their sports until the past 9 years.
    Hope Will enjoyed his day camp at Camp Fife!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty up at Aspen Grove, I love it. Sounds like a fun start to the summer except for the walking pneumonia. Take it easy chikita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heidi! I invited you back to my blog. My life is so riveting I know you've been missing it!;) You're a really fun mom and I hope to be that way some day but right now I don't have the energy.You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete