Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Forbidden Fruit

Owen loves to eat apples. His first experience was over a month ago when we were on our bike ride with the Turners in Zions. We'd stopped to have lunch and I was checking on the older kids who were building "fairy forts" about 30 yards away. When I came back I was nervous to see that Matt was letting our little one have his way with a red delicious. After my initial worry, it was pretty entertaining to watch him chow down; he did surprisingly well with it. Since then, he gets excited when he sees me hand apples out to the bigger kids because he knows that he'll get a few bites of mine. Even though he may be a tad too young for them, I've got to agree with Owen, apples are most desirable.

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I can't believe that baby is old enough to have teeth to eat that big of bites:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty funny. I have to say though that apples aren't my favorite. I Love!! apples baked in things, but not as much fresh. I guess I get sick of them too quickly. At least he wants to eat something healthy.

    ReplyDelete