Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Family - We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. 
~Erma Bombeck

Thanksgiving dinner (it was at actually at 1:00 - does that qualify as lunch?) was at my house this year.  I really enjoy hosting this event, it forces me to get a lot on my to-do list accomplished.  Everyone brought yummy food and the kids had a great time with their cousins.  We visited, played football and board games, watched a couple of movies, and played a lot of Wii, there was even some "inflicting pain and kissing to heal it."  I was so involved in the events of the day that I didn't take many pictures.  I didn't even take pictures of the table settings with the cute oreo turkeys that Lauren and I made (what kind of a blogger am I anyway?!)  Anyway, it ended up being a good day.  Love you guys - Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Heidi, you truly are amazing! I wish that I would have taken pictures of your beautiful decorations. And those turkeys couldn't have been any cuter! Thanks for all the hard work and love that you put into the day. Oh, and do you remember how I won Ticket To Ride? Man, that was awesome...not to rub it in or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day! I bet you were an awesome host! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Heidi!

    Sounds like you had a crazy day...glad you survived it. I'm sure you were an awesome hostess...and the turkey's sound adorable!!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete