Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer - Week #8

Monday we went to Lagoon again with our Bounce Back tickets.
This time it was just our little family and Lauren brought along her best bud Emily. 
 

We've been working on earning belt loops and pins for Will in scouts and for the bicycling pin we went on a biking "hike" and picnic to the splash pad about 4 miles away from our home.  We went with our neighbors Molly, Jared & Tyler.  It was hot and Owen needed a lot of encouragement during the ride but I think it was a worthwhile excursion.
 
 

Lauren went with the Turners to Cherry Hill.  Biffy sent me this picture - so awesome!

 Owen finished level #1 of Hooked on Phonics.  Yea Owen!!

For an early birthday gift Matt took me to the Bruno Mars concert.  I love his voice - the tone is beautiful, and he's great at guitar, drums, and dance moves.  It was also really fun to people watch... the kind of crowd that came to this concert as opposed to Taylor Swift was vastly different!  It was a fabulous show with my favorite person on the planet - thanks Matt. 
 

And this is just a glimpse of every day life in our home right now - Hopefully I'm not the only person who feels like they just can't stay on top of things during the summer.
Have a great week... I'm off to tackle that laundry pile...
 

2 comments:

  1. First off, thanks for the glimpse into reality, it makes us all feel a little bit better realizing we are not alone!:) Fun birthday for you. I hope you enjoyed the concert. What fun summer activities for your kids. That splash park is awesome. It's exciting that Tremonton was able to get one, but I was surprised by the photo because I am now used to these big nice ones with all the bells and whistles that it seemed so small, but I know they are just grateful to have one. Thanks for all the updates, it's nice to see all your summer fun. BTW has Hooked on Phonics "worked" for Owen? Is it something you would recommend for pre-kindergartens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Amy. it's nice to know other people have normal crazy house times:). Glad that you guys have been having so much fun this summer, you fun animals!

    ReplyDelete