Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer - Week #7

Is anybody else getting sick of my summer titles?  I am, but I barely have enough energy to post this stuff, so creativity is out the window!  We're more than half way through summer though so we won't have to put up with them for much longer. ;)
This past week was a slow one for us.  We have been going full speed this entire summer and I wanted to do as little as possible.  Is it hard to believe that I started to get listless, lazy, bored, and wishing that we had a bit more on our schedule?  I guess I'm never satisfied. ;-)   Monday, Owen and Will started golf lessons - they go each Monday for the next month.  They're loving it!!  For the last part of the lesson, their instructors run around as targets in velcro outfits letting the kids hit them with sticky golf balls.  Despite that adorable photo opportunity, somehow these are the only pathetic pics I took at their lesson:

Lauren is taking a writing class this summer from a lady named Suzanne Vincent.  We met her through the homeschooling groups and she's an editor of a local magazine.  Her classes are at her home in Ogden (yucky drive) but it's SO worth it because she's a fabulous instructor!!!  Lauren brought me inside this week to show off the Vincent's new bunnies; born the night before.

The best part about the week for the kids was spending their own money on toys.  Will and Owen both got legos; thanks in part to the $ Will "earned" from his papa for going down the slide last week.  Lauren ordered herself a 3DS.  She's been saving up for it for almost a year; nice work Lo!

 And my favorite part of the week was a night out with Biffy, Cournie, & Amber.   We went to Roosters for dinner and then did some shopping at Home Goods.  We were laughing non-stop; such a great night!
 The following pictures were taken after I told Biffy to take another picture of me and Amber because I didn't like how I looked in the first one.  She totally teased me for wanting a glamour shot and took dozens of photos non-stop until I grabbed the phone out of her hands.  I love the first picture of Amber... I think it shows how much fun all of us had that night.  Oh how I love these gals!!
 The end, see you on week #8!

4 comments:

  1. That is so great that you girls still get together, it looks like you gals had a wild and crazy night:). I love that you support Lauren in her writing and chase the boys all over doing sports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun classes you have the kids in. I bet Lauren is loving her writing class. Fun girls night out. It's great you all still get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the boys get to shoot goof balls at people in Velcro suits! That's awesome! You're a trooper to drive Lauren all the way to Ogden. And it looks like you had a fun girls night, your glamour shots are the best! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the best photographer! That night was my favorite part of the week as well. And side note, Lauren remains one of the most photogenic people I know!

    ReplyDelete